This information is from the Denver Building Department website:
For a limited time, June1 – 15, 2009, Denver is issuing FREE construction permits to homeowners and licensed contractors making qualified home improvements or repairs to existing one and two family dwellings, which can increase the value of the home.
The HOME RENOVATION BONANZA is offered in order to encourage the improvement of existing 1 and 2 family homes, raise property value and encourage homeowners to stay in existing homes.
A variety of home improvements are covered by the Home Renovation Bonanza, including:
- Basic Interior Remodel of existing 1 or 2 Family Dwelling (existing Kitchen, Bath or Bedroom)
- Basement Remodel of existing 1 or 2 Family Dwelling
- Residential 1 or 2 Family Roof Covering Repair or Replacement
- Wall Insulation
- Replacement of water heaters
- Change out central heating and air
- Residential Photo Voltaic Systems
- Stucco or siding home exteriors
To qualify for a FREE HOME RENOVATION BONANZA permit, the following conditions apply:
- Projects in 1 and 2 family dwellings (Subject to International Residential Code) only
- No new dwellings
- No additions, garages, or accessory structures
- Over-the-counter Quick Permits and/or 1 and 2 family walk-through plan review process only.
- Permit shall be issued on the day of application
- All permitted work shall be finished, inspected and approved within 180 days of permit issue
- Any re-inspection fees shall apply
- Permits will be issued from Downtown office only (201 W. Colfax Ave)