EVstudio’s Structural Engineers are working with Earthcore SIPs LLC to provide high quality SIP walls, floors, roofs and foundation walls to meet every client’s need. EVstudio’s role will be to provide structural engineering services for each project, provide detailed shop drawings and provide engineering reports for all of Earthcore’s products.
Earthcore manufactures SIP walls, floors and roofs using OSB or Magnum Board facings and a polyurethane foam core. The polyurethane core provides insulation R-values of roughly 7.0 per inch of thickness, higher than commonly used polystyrene. Earthcore uses Ecomate® foam which has a water based blowing agent. This eliminates all CFC and HFCs in the product which makes it one of the most environmentally friendly foams available. In addition, the polyurethane bonds directly to the facing and wood plates providing a much stronger composite system without the use of additional adhesives.
Magnum Board can be used in lieu of OSB facings to create a panel that can be used below grade as foundation walls, exterior walls with no additional protection or siding needed and many other situations when something more than OSB is needed.
Magnum Board® products are:
- Virtually impervious to fire – are non-flammable and non-combustible
- Virtually impervious to water – can be fully submerged for long periods of time with no affect dimensionally whatsoever
- Unaffected by all insects – such as termites and carpenter ants
- A non nutrient for mold or mildew
- Are completely non toxic
- Homogenous construction to eliminate delaminating
- Available for almost every application required in construction for of your projects including Residential, Commercial and Industrial.
Earthcore also offers a variety of demising wall options for the multi-family or commercial project. A choice between a magnesium board skin or a Blazeguard® coating can be made to reach a class A fire rating.
You can learn a lot more about SIPs by visiting Earthcore’s blog.