I just received an update from the Denver Zoning Code Task Force meeting today. There are some potential revisions to the timeline for enacting the new Denver Zoning Code. This is a moving target so I would still advise all of our clients who want to utilize the older zoning to continue to aim to get everything into the city quickly.
- Public comment on Draft 3 will continue until January 14, 2010
- Final draft of code: January 18th, 2010
- Planning Board: February 17th, 2010
- Blueprint Denver: March 10, 2010
* Note: Council Bill filed after Blueprint Denver Committee. Changes, while maybe not encouraged, can be made b/t the 1/18 finalization date and the bill filing date after Blueprint.
- Final Consideration/Public Hearing April 19, 2010
- The transition period will likely change from 4 to 6 months.
There will either be another Council Resolution coming forward, or a press release issued shortly to this note.